Pages

Saturday, October 3, 2009

National Geographic Documentary on Songlines

I recently watched this documentary by Wade Davis from National Geographic. While it is a great video it doesn't really have a focus on Songlines (as a navigation method).

It does at least identify a track, the Morning Star track ... which is encouraging.

However, they didn't record the song or map the track ... let alone explore how the songs are actually used for navigation.

I would still very much recommend the documentary for the many other features of Aboriginal Culture it explores, past and present

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I'm a Design School student who are recently doing a research about Aboriginal people in Australia and focusing on the "Songlines". I'm very interested about the video you watched by Wade Davis. I'm just wondering if I could have the link from you as I couldn't found them online.

    Thank you.


    Samantha

    ReplyDelete